VFX Editorial Assistant
- Toronto, ON, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
• Operate Davinci Resolve and other editing software during Visual Effects reviews
• Work closely with VFX editorial and production staff to ensure edits are up to date and all the latest VFX versions included
• Assist in setting up new projects ensuring editorial formats of the pipeline are in place,
• Review updated edits and spot for continuity issues or changes to Visual Effects shots
• Support for delivery of visual effects shots, including but not limited to: creating Quicktimes, digital file wrangling, and delivery dockets
• Organize directories and files in a logical and organized manner, adhering to established protocols
• General production support
• Additional Specific duties to be determined on a project by project basis.
• Manage multiple projects and work efficiently with tight deadlines in a professional manner.
• Exercise independent decision making and creative judgment in the development of projects.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical school certification in film editing or computer graphics, or equivalent work experience. (Experience must be in animation, film or digital effects).
• Minimum one year of editing experience with online or offline editorial
• Advanced knowledge of Avid Media Composer or other editing software.
• A passion for film editing, and a keen eye.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.