Front Desk Coordinator
- New York, NY, USA
MPC is an award-winning global creative studio and VFX company; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to innovate and push creative boundaries.
We are looking for a charismatic full time Front Desk Coordinator to join our busy team. The Front Desk Coordinator is the first point of contact for our clients calling or entering the studio, hence the person must be out-going, amenable, positive and professional. You must have the ability to recognize and welcome familiar clients, as well as welcoming those new to the studio. MPC is a Global VFX Studio, and the successful candidate must be able to adapt and grow with the business in order to provide the best possible service to both clients and staff. As well as having clear speech and a friendly, warm telephone manner, you must have a positive attitude to working under pressure and the ability to respond quickly, efficiently and professionally to requests and enquiries.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, you work with 5-8 runners, as well as liaising with our busy production team, providing a 5-star front of house and administration service.
- Greeting clients, building rapport whilst remaining professional and efficient.
- Answers phones, directs calls to the appropriate person; notify individuals of any messages; ensures reception is consistently manned, and other FoH teams are trained to answer calls at all times.
- Maintain daily calendar of clients attending sessions and meetings in the building – including conference room bookings.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries. Inform the appropriate department of time sensitive deliveries - coordinate couriers and runners.
- Process and record incoming/outgoing media using CETA scheduling system – drives etc.
- Maintain a professional appearance of reception area. Greet clients and other guests in a pleasant manner and notify the appropriate person that their party is waiting in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with Production, Runners and Client Services Manager when clients are in the studio.
- Order office supplies on the direction of the Studio Manager.
- Manage petty cash receipts in conjunction with the Studio Manager.
- Be proactive in suggesting improvements for the Studio in terms of organization, processes, décor.
- Booking travel and accommodations for staff.
- Help with social media/blogging and other PR requests as requested.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong client service and phone skills.
- 2+ year of related work experience.
- Maintain a calm, welcoming demeanor – good memory for names, voices, and faces.
- Knowledge of Mac, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize.
- Understanding of production and VFX production process helpful but not necessary.
- Experience working in an advertising or media company is also a benefit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.