Digital Matte Painter / Concept Artist
- London, United Kingdom
MPC is an award winning global creative studio and VFX company; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to help us push creative and technical boundaries.
Our Digital Matte Painters (DMP) & Concept Artists are responsible for creating Matte-paintings and set extensions, either standalone or to be integrated into both photo-real and stylised live-action environments. We expect applicants to also show considerable experience creating visual concepts and designs for a huge range of projects; from characters and creatures to environments and style frames. You will be expected to be client facing and experienced in working closely with Creatives and Directors supplying reference and creative inspiration to support their vision.
If you have a passion for matte painting and concept art, looking to develop your skills, alongside sharing this knowledge and mentoring Junior artists, then we would like to hear from you.
- Painting environments and elements for integration into VFX shots
- Developing all types of visual concept work for Advertising VFX projects
- Support the work of Directors, Creative Directors and other Creative leads in the production of visual documents
- Working closely with other DMPs, CG Artists and Compositors to deliver the highest quality visual output
- At least 5 years' experience in DMP and/or Concept Art in a VFX production environment
- Thorough knowledge of Photoshop and other supporting packages
- Experience using Nuke & Maya
- Some knowledge of Vue & ZBrush
- Team player