Head of Technology
- Montreal, QC, Canada
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Reporting directly to the Senior Head of Technology and the Head of Film, the Head of Technology is responsible for managing Mill Film’s technology departments in Montreal.
- Shape a compelling strategy and vision for the technology team while ensuring that business needs are met
- Communicate the needs and objectives of the business to your department
- Ensure safeguarding of production systems by prioritizing their availability, maintainability, performance and security
- Drive, and contribute regularly to, discussions regarding internal process and system improvements to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure effective engagement with internal stakeholders, from strategy definition to solution delivery
- Drive forward a wide variety of rendering projects
- Manage and lead a large team of talented and motivated technical staff
- Liaise with the Mill Film’s global business on behalf of Vancouver and Montreal’s technology departments
Skills and Experience
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Proficient in office computer software and programs such as Microsoft Office suite
- Strong knowledge of network and storage architecture
- Considerable experience with server administration
- 5 years of proven leadership and management experience in a global company
- 5 years of experience managing technical operations and development
- Experience working in a VFX facility is a must
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative
- A strong commitment to quality, service and reliability
- Ability to prioritize workloads, manage time, plans and people effectively
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.