Head of 2D
- New York, NY, USA
MPC is an award winning global creative studio; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to help us push creative and technical boundaries.
Our Advertising team in New York are currently looking for a Head of 2D to oversee our Compositing team in the studio. Our team works on high-profile VFX and digital projects for some of the world's biggest brands. Compositing in Nuke and Flame, we have a highly creative and technically able team that deliver work of the highest quality.
We are looking for a talented and experienced manager, who can contribute to the continued success of our team and the studio. You'll most likely have experience of leading the compositing of complex advertising VFX projects; and the technical, creative and personal skills to support, inspire and grow the team.
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day 2D production workflow, technologies and processes.
- Convey creative and technical vision, plus oversight for the 2D compositing department.
- Oversee the management, operations and quality standards of the full 2D pipeline.
- Responsible for leadership and mentorship of the 2D team.
- Responsible for the strategic planning of high end VFX projects - ensuring all teams operate to their best capabilities while defining goals to push artistry and technology forward.
- Leading and supervising VFX projects.
- Engaging with Clients, Directors and Agency Creatives from initial meetings through to final delivery
- Breaking-down and quoting on complex VFX projects.
- Attending shoots and supervising VFX requirements on-set as required.
- Responsible for maintaining and streamlining communication between global 2D MPC teams.
- Authority to recommend personnel actions, establish goals and policies. Lead annual team performance appraisals.
- Head project improvement initiatives, monitoring and governance across collaborating teams.
- Engage with fellow Heads of Dept. within the global MPC Studios.
- Work closely with all departments on pipeline improvements and development.
- Responsible for the overall communication within the 2D team, including participating in client pre-production meetings, operations meetings and relaying that information to the team via regular department meetings.
- Provide leadership and professional guidance to the team members under direction and seek out learning opportunities to help develop their professional skills and knowledge base.
- Extensive experience leading and supervising advertising VFX projects.
- Able to lead and direct other artist’s work across multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage with the team, collaborate closely with other vfx departments and connect with teams in our other locations.
- Client facing experience, able to build and develop strong relationships with Directors and Creatives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.