- Montreal, QC, Canada
MPC is a leading player in VFX, responsible for creating some of the phenomenal effects for legendary titles such as The Jungle Book, Blade Runner 2049 and the X Men series. We have studios all over the globe with teams of creative experts and cutting edge digital knowhow.
This role is to manage a highly dynamic resource planning and scheduling function through strong analytics and an ability to work across multiple functions.
The main focus will be the deployment of resource in conjunction with show production schedules, maximising productivity and capacity effectiveness as well as working hand in hand with Department Managers and Producers across sites to efficiently account and foresee resource needs in the departments. This requires learning about the scheduling and production process and then using this information to analyse and assess opportunities and risks in the business and drive the business forward through this.
The role will also involve the identification of all changes/issues relevant to resource planning and the associated corrective action management.
You will be expected to help inform decisions within the business and give visibility through data analysis of potential risks and opportunities as well as partner with the Department Managers and Talent team to identify hiring requirements.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity the role holder will be expected to engage in on a day to day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and to think creatively when presented with challenges.
- In conjunction with Show/Central Production/cross site Resource Managers and Heads of Department assess and plan for future resource requirements, based on show requirements.
- Optimise the utilisation of staff across the studio, prioritising work and partnering with the management teams to drive resource allocation decisions in any escalated issues.
- Attend internal meetings to understand resource implications of potential new work and provide challenge on how the department will be resourced.
- Participate in and present analysis/resourcing reports in leadership meetings and working sessions
- Ability to see the "big picture", leveraging the resources of related departments to address the studios resource and capacity challenges
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively allocate and manage artistic resources
- Proven influencing skills
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to consult with wide range of people at different levels
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.)
- Ability to create & work in models
- Analytical, flexible and results-oriented, demonstrated in the ability to draw themes and conclusions from data analysis and communicate results
This is a fast-paced, successful business where a passion for film is key as well as an ability to analyze and question numbers across a wide spectrum, whilst business partnering with production to drive the success of these projects.