Software Technology Assistant
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are hiring a Software Technology Assistant to join our London software technology team. You’ll be able to contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
To work hand-in-hand with our artists and senior engineers, providing support for those that are maintaining and engineering our tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative and our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for R&D, VFX processes and pipeline.
- Calendar organization and meeting facilitation for the software team
- Assisting the Production Coordinators to ensure incoming requests from production are triaged accurately and expediently to the right developers
- Social and event planning
- Note taking in Software meetings with production
- Assisting with day to day operations including lunch orders and administrative assistance
- Communication of issues and problems appropriately to the Software Management team and Software Leads
- Collection and formatting of weekly reports
Skills and Experience
- Completion of university or college diploma/degree program (Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Animation) an asset
- Basic understanding of VFX, computer graphics, or agile software development an asset.
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Experience in a deadline driven, high pressure environment
- Customer support or technical support experience is an asset
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
- Positive, upbeat and professional attitude with a customer-focused approach to completing tasks
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious and organized person looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.