Mid-Level Systems Administrator
- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
There is currently a vacancy for a mid-level Systems Administrator in the Systems team supporting the Film department. The role offers the successful candidate potential to advance their technical skills, plus hands on experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing, Windows and Linux especially, and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
· Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Windows and Linux.
· Help troubleshoot application issues, OS issues, networking problems and other complex systems issues.
· Maintain Microsoft deployment and automation tools.
· Perform software installs and manage software licenses.
· Coordinate with other members of the Systems team to resolve issues.
· Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
· Various ad-hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· Professional experience in a Systems/IT Support position.
· Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 including installation and configuration.
· Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 including installation and configuration.
· In depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, SCCM, WSUS and Group Policy.
· Experience with Microsoft DFS.
· Knowledge of Linux including command line.
· Experience with physical and virtual server environments.
· Understanding of networking protocols, network switching, VLANs, Routers, IP subnets, DNS and DHCP.
· Excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
· Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure.
· An ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues.
· Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related area.
· Programming or scripting experience.
· Experience of troubleshooting creative programs such as Maya, Nuke or Photoshop.
· Previous Visual Effects experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.