- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
The main focus of this role is to act as Product Owner for agile software development teams delivering fundamental capabilities for our existing and emerging software tools.
As a Product Owner you will manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver specific software products/enhancements via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled software development team.
You’ll be adept at delivering complex projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
- Define, lead and influence others, including those more senior, on release date and content of product output.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal customers & understand their needs.
- Be the Voice of the Customer for the project - write User Stories that represent their needs well, with clear Acceptance Criteria that stakeholders can agree with.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- Promote culture of continuous improvement within the team (self, team members and stories).
- Balance the requirements of existing tools along with investment into core pipeline for the future.
- Escalate risks/impediments.
- Work with managers to create effective resource management within the team.
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team
- Strong communications skills covering a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with previous experience of mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Have practical experience of planning and resource scheduling within the project process
- Have the ability to confidently interact with both Business and R&D individuals at all levels including senior and executive management
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Be highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success
- Have personal drive, energy and commitment
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.