University Engagement Manager
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MPC Film provides high-end visual effects for the Film industry. We operate across 5 locations including London, Vancouver, Montreal, LA and Bangalore, but have a focus on future growth and expansion. The primary mission is to move the business forward through successfully executing a portfolio of company-wide learning functions and training-specific initiatives.
We are seeking an experienced confident, engaging and tenacious University Engagement Manager who will develop, create, build and engage with FX universities and Schools within North America and LATAM.
- Develop and execute a clear strategy to engage the key schools and universities in the VFX industry, including timelines and targets.
- Working closely with L&D Team and local senior management teams, reach out to all key partner schools and universities to build a strong, strategic relationships.
- Sell in the learning support solutions, as identified in the Schools and University Strategy by identifying opportunities and understand the requirements of both MPC and the client.
- Take ownership to support intake of artists who have just graduated from universities or schools directly into MPC Academies.
- Working with the client and MPC team, create clear action plans, with milestones and track progress on a regular bases.
- Maintain engagement on consistent bases, communicating regularly and clear define next steps.
- Track engagement and communication with clients with clearly identify next steps.
- Attend schools and universities events to promote MPC as an employer of choice.
- Working with Heads of Learning, obtain internal support for artists to support in master classes, show real reviews and talks.
- Work with local schools and industry groups to support and spread VFX as a career route, attending shows, career days and events.
- 3+ years experience engaging schools, universities or industry bodies.
- Experience in developing and managing Relationships with external clients within the education sector.
- Relevant understand of the education systems.
- Proven experience in building relationships and managing stakeholders, ideally on a national and/or international level.
- Strong communication experience with a strong understanding of how different audiences require customized messages.
- Experience of designing and managing action plans and delivery of them.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ideally, Regional knowledge, global understanding of Learning.
- A broad understanding of the skills and business of visual effects.
- Motivated self-starter that aims for the highest standards.
- High level of energy with a bias for action and “Getting things done”