Software Developer - Python
- Bengaluru, India
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are seeking to appoint a Web Developer for our Software team to develop and maintain MPC’s in-house production management software. Our production tools are purpose built to deal with the visual effects industry's demanding environment of complex workflows and flexible schedules. They are critical to MPC's continued success and preeminent in the industry. This high profile project involves interesting challenges set around advanced scheduling of hundreds of artists collaborating on tens of projects across many locations globally, focussing on the development of the organisations productivity.
- Developing in-house software as part of a team
- Technical and user documentation
- Building relationships with key artists and production staff
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
- Contributing to design and architecture of projects
- Some small scale project oversight
- 4+ yrs Experience
- Experience with Linux (or other Unix) operating system
- Advanced experienced with some the following languages: Python, HTML5 and SQL (mySQL a plus)
- Understanding of template engines and web frameworks: Jinja2, Django, etc.
- Experience with large-scale web applications and developing for web service architectures
- Experience with OO and design patterns such as MVC a must
- Proven team player with good organization and communication skills
- Experience within a VFX facility (or equivalent industry) a bonus but not required
- Be willing to work with limited specifications and wireframes in order to deliver solutions through quick iterative release cycles
- A strong commitment to quality, service and reliability
- Pragmatic approach to software development striking the balance between quality and delivery of features