- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Department Managers are responsible for scheduling, resource planning and managing their department in partnership with the Head of Departments. Department Managers will work closely with the Production Team.
· Attend dailies sessions
· Review, update and publish the schedule generated by the show
· Coordinate with the show Production Team to resolve conflicts or concerns
· Work with show Leads to assign artist’s work
· Keep all relevant databases up to date with department and show information and notes
· Be aware of the department’s immediate relationships up and down the pipeline
· Ensure an awareness of contract lengths within the team and work with HR and Central Production
· Monitor department efficiency alongside Central Production
· Work with the Head of Department, Recruitment and Central Production to hire new crew
· Manage team absence and reporting
· Liaise with Central Production on physical seating and licensing requirements for the department
· Take responsibility for new crew and ensure that they have sufficient support from the Head of Department and a relevant department ‘buddy’
· Supporting the Head of Department with performance management and assessment of the team
· Timesheet management
· Work with the Training Manager to identify training needs and ensure participation in training within the department
· Work with HoD and show Leads to ensure that space issues are monitored
Skills and Experience
- Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- People Management experience is a must
- Project management
- Working with budgets
- Detail orientated, highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and organization skills
- Adept in dealing with sensitive characters
- Able to command large teams
- Calm and smart negotiator
- Able to delivers on results
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.