Learning & Development Manager
- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the
success of these projects.
MPC Film provides high-end visual effects for the Film industry. We operate across 5 locations including London, Vancouver, Montreal, LA and Bangalore, but have a focus on future growth and expansion. The primary mission is to move the business forward through successfully executing a portfolio of company-wide learning functions and training-specific initiatives. This role will support the delivery of the Learning and Development Strategy within the region, managing the regional Learning & Development team and learning pathways, including onboarding, Shot department’s learning, and skills training.
- Working with the Global Head of L&D - support the delivery of the Global L&D Strategy regionally.
- Develop and maintain a solid relationship with regional GM’s, Head of Department, and DM – supporting in the delivering the Career Pathways for artists and production staff
- Develop and maintain a solid working relationship with the regional and Global Talent team (inc. L&D) via Talent working groups, keeping up to date with any changes and opportunities that may arise, in addition to sharing updates and information.
- Lead the regional academies (where required) ensuring consistency and quality remains high, whilst delivering an excellent learner experience.
- Support and manage the recruitment of students into the MPC Academies (globally) from your regions by creating and maintaining a strong relationship with local, regional and national universities and colleges.
- Working with internal Talent teams, develop and deliver a strategy to support MPC Academy growth and awareness within region.
- Working with internal resourcing department, manage academy participation levels to match business requirements through regular meetings and analytics.
- Lead the Learning Leads to foster a culture of learning by delivering consistency high quality learning experiences via a range of different learning interventions.
- Manage the Learning Leads to deliver a high level learning experience in their designated ‘Shot’ department(s) globally – including academy and digital content creation via the LMS.
- Management of learning pathways for Learning Leads and Coordinators
- Manage (where appropriate) the Leaning Coordinators to support the wider team.
- Keep abreast of VFX and learning information & trends to ensure competitive and relevant design and delivery of learning solutions.
- Attend VFX and Learning Shows to maintain own knowledge level in the industry.
Skills and Experience:
- Passionate about Learning and Development.
- 5+ years experience managing Learning.
- Experience in developing, managing and reviewing academies or structured workshop programs.
- Relevant experience in building effective and engaging learning solutions.
- Proven experience in building relationships and managing stakeholders, ideally on a national and/or global level.
- Experience in building and maintain relationships with universities, colleagues and industry groups.
- Strong communication experience with a strong understanding of how different audiences require customized messages.
- Ideally, experience of designing and managing onboarding cycle.
- Ideally, experience in recruitment of staff into academy environment.
- Previous experience in managing a small team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Regional knowledge, global understanding of Learning.
- A broad understanding of the skills and business of visual effects.
- Motivated self-starter that aims for the highest standards.
- High level of energy with a bias for action and “Getting things done”.
- Ideally - Online program development experience.
- Ideally – HR/Talent/L&D qualifications.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.