Junior Film Budget Analyst
- Los Angeles, CA
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Los Angeles, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
The Moving Picture Film Company (MPC) is known for its award winning development of VFX in the Jungle Book for Disney, The Harry Potter series, X-Men and more. Our VFX artists are world leaders in this highly specialised industry. This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for films is key as well as an ability to analyse and question numbers across a wide spectrum whilst business partnering to the operational side of the business.
This position will be reporting to Senior Film Budget Analyst and will look after several aspects of Film Finance. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing cost reports for all New Business projects
- Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for New Business
- Perform cost analysis of films using existing tool-set
- Capturing and maintaining large data documents
- Building and maintaining data sheets for use by various departments across the business
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support in local operations
- Advances Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc..) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models
- Proficient in Microsoft Work and Outlook
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.