Color Grading Assistant
- New York, NY, USA
MPC is an award-winning global creative studio; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to help us push creative and technical boundaries.
A Color Assist works side by side with a Colorist and Color Producer. Developing a close working relationship with the Colorist and Producer is vital and only possible if the Color Assist has an intrinsic understanding of the Senior Colorist's technical and creative methods.
Although an Assist reports to the Senior Colorist, they must also have the ability to work and communicate closely with the Color Producers, clients and VFX teams.
The Colorists and Assist must establish a highly developed sense of color imagery coupled
with a strong creative and aesthetic sensibility and an in-depth knowledge of the whole post-production process including current technical specifications of film, video and data formats.
- Preparing suites for colorist arrival
- Ensure projects are fully prepared in readiness for sessions
- Conforming and QC edits for the days sessions
- Contacting editorial to resolve any issues
- Create postings for stills and viewing links
- Manage an always changing list of tasks for the day
- Facilitating any editorial changes and colorist needs throughout the session
- Performing a thorough QC of all projects before and after render
- Complete renders promptly after sessions as required in delivery specs
- Must be able to work in Baselight
- Maintain a positive attitude in high stress environments and work well under pressure
- Strong understanding of the post process and overall knowledge of production workflow, including VFX
- Must possess strong work ethic
- Highly motivated self starter and creative problem solver
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Punctual and highly detail oriented
- Critical thinking and have the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Able to work a flexible schedule with the availability to work overtime and some weekends
- Must know latest camera codec, color space, and file formatting specs
- Ability to read EDLs and flag issues
- In-depth knowledge of color grading workflow and techniques
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.