VR/AR/MR Lead Graphics Programmer
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
MPC is an award-winning global creative studio; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to help us push creative and technical boundaries.
As a Lead Graphics Programmer within the MPC VR team, you will have an incredible opportunity to create and influence the future of game authoring, rendering, VR, AR and storytelling.
You have worked on high-performance graphics rendering, tools, and/or engine level technology for mobile or console platforms in the past. On the MPC VR team, you will have the chance to work on industry-leading technology and high-profile content.
- Design and program low level graphics engine components to be used by development teams
- Solve graphics pipeline challenges by writing efficient GLSL/HLSL shader code (surface, pixel, fragment, compute, geometry, etc.)
- Work with team lead to design and program new solutions for virtual reality software: interaction, interfaces and devices
- Research, Develop, and Implement current virtual reality software technologies in the industry
- Build on current technology and implement better solutions in terms of efficiency and interaction
- Software development of real-time 3D VR/AR User Interfaces
- Developing and testing new tools and applications
- Write well-commented, unit-tested code
- Design, review, and maintain functional specifications, wireframes, etc.
- Collaborate with clients, art team, and programming team
- Identify, investigate, and report problems for bug tracking
- Develop gameplay, tools, and networking logic for VR and AR applications
- Minimum 5 years of interactive 3D programming experience
- Excellent and current low-level programming skills in C++ and C#
- Deep knowledge of game engines, including Unity3D and Unreal
- Must have shipped at least one product developed with Unity or Unreal
- Performance-minded development and optimization skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Demonstrated experience with VR & AR
- Experience building/deploying/consuming APIs from third-party vendors a plus
- Excellent 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
- B.S. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Experience deploying to multiple platforms (Console, PC, mobile, web, etc.)
- Knowledge of shader programming languages (PSSL/HLSL/GLSL/Cg) *Preferred*
- Strong knowledge of industry standard graphics APIs (DirectX12, OpenGL, Vulkan, libGCM, Gnm Library) *Preferred*
- Thorough understanding of current GPU architectures and experience with GPGPU or Compute Shaders (AMD GCN, NVIDIA CUDA) *Preferred*
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.