Head of Commercial Developement
- Shanghai, China
MPC is an award-winning global creative studio; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to help us push creative and technical boundaries.
There is a huge and growing appetite for content, however the platforms on which audiences consume and experience this content are dynamic and ever-changing.
We are currently looking for a talented and driven individual to help us develop our business in China, explore and exploit this changing landscape and maintain our position at the forefront of creative content creation.
The role will require a detailed review of our current offering and, working with the global and local senior management team, to identify and plan strategic business development and growth opportunities in the region.
Our work spans moving image, VR, AR, experiential, immersive and interactive content for some of the world biggest brands – we are looking for someone to develop and drive this offering forward in the Asian market.
By drawing on the capabilities of our global network of studios, and identifying new technology or talent, the aim is to expand our creative and technical services offering and add value to our proposition.
Role & Responsibilities
- Review our existing commercial activity in the region and propose a number of areas of future strategic growth.
- Provide market overview and analysis to help develop compelling business plans around these opportunities.
- Engage with our existing clients to ensure we are meeting their needs, whilst also looking for opportunities to build and strengthen our relationship through a wider offering of new and innovative creative services.
- Identify and engage with prospective clients, and seeking out new commercial opportunities and strategic relationships.
- Collaborate and coordinate with our global teams (Management, Creative, Technology, Marketing, Finance) on all of the above.
- Proven experience developing or managing a creative content and/or creative technology related business in China.
- Extensive experience in Sales and/or Marketing and Commercial Management.
- In-depth understanding of the local commercial landscape especially in relation to brands, agencies, content creation and creative technology.
- Strategic and commercially minded with strong business acumen and extensive experience in commercial finance.
- International experience, able to work on projects and initiatives across multiple offices and locations.
- Passion for emerging and future technology in content production and delivery.