- Montreal, QC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Vancouver, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
This position will be reporting to the Global Production accountant, and an indirect line into the Canadian Financial Controller and will look after aspects of film finance. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform cost analysis of films using existing tool-set.
- Support producers in preparing detailed cost estimates for the run of the films.
- Provide Analysis to the Executive Producer and General Manager on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks
- Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management.
- Month end duties
- Providing analysis to Producers on opportunities and risks with changes to shows
- Report, forecast and analyze all future revenues and film projects.
- Liaise with senior management to develop new systems for monitoring and controlling all costs on film jobs.
- Capturing and maintaining large data documents
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to film production department.
- Produce regular cost projection reports and analysis on all film projects.
- Providing detailed cost analysis on expenditure with in the Film department.
- Building and maintaining data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models;
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting; Part qualified CPA, Minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results;
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders such as HR, Production, IT, and Management;
- Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.