- London, UK
The Moving Picture Film Company is known for its award winning development of VFX in the Jungle Book for Disney, The Harry Potter movies, X-Men and more. Our VFX artists are world leaders in this highly specialised industry. This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for films is key as well as an ability to analyse and question numbers across a wide spectrum whilst business partnering to the operational side of the business.
This position will be reporting to the Global Production accountant, and an indirect line into the UK Financial Controller and will look after aspects of film finance. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform cost analysis of films using existing toolset.
- Support producers in preparing detailed cost estimates for the run of the films.
- Provide Analysis to the Executive Producer and General Manager on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks
- Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management.
- Month end duties
- Providing analysis to Producers on opportunities and risks with changes to shows
- Report, forecast and analyze all future revenues and film projects.
- Liaise with senior management to develop new systems for monitoring and controlling all costs on film jobs.
- Capturing and maintaining large data documents
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to film production department.
- Produce regular cost projection reports and analysis on all film projects.
- Providing detailed cost analysis on expenditure with in the Film department.
- Building and maintaining data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models;
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required.
- Experience: Undergraduate degree in Accounting; Part qualified CIMA/ACCA, Minimum 3-4 years’ relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple show production environment;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results;
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders such as HR, Production, IT, and Management;
- Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills.
- Ability do adapt documents quickly and effectively in order to meet clients and producers needs.
- Experience in a similar data analysis position
- Strong Excel skills required, preferably to macro level
- Strong analytical and oral and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.