Global Financial Accountant
- Montreal, QC, Canada
The Moving Picture Company is known for its award winning development of VFX in the Jungle Book for Disney, The Harry Potter movies, X-Men along with winning Outstanding Visual Effects in a commercial for John Lewis 2Buster the Boxer”. Our VFX artists are world leaders in this highly specialised industry. This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for films is key as well as an ability to analyse and question numbers across a wide spectrum whilst business partnering to the operational side of the business and ensuring financial compliance is adhered to.
Based in London/Montreal
This is a newly created role due to the continued growth within this VFX Film Company. With a strong international presence, with head office being located in London this position has been created to support the growing finance team, whilst helping to improve and implement improved reporting, processes and controls to ensure future growth is sustainable. You will also have lots of interaction with the international offices. (Bangalore, LA, Montreal and Vancouver)
Reporting into the Global FD, this is a great role for a junior controller who is both technically and commercially minded and wants to work for a forward thinking and fast growing company
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Drive and align global trial balances to ensure all account codes are used for the same activities
- Ensure alignment of reporting in Group Reporting Systems
- Support in implementing and ensuring rigour on IFRS reporting
- Drive continuous systems, process and controls improvements;
- Increase analysis on global other costs of sales
- Provide technical accounting/policy guidance & research technical accounting matters
- Perform continuous assessment of the period end process to ensure efficiencies are achieved
- Review and evaluate contracts, for present and new business to identify potential accounting issues
- Design and implement world-wide accounting policies working with Technicolor Paris
- Ensure there is a process to document finance processes and systems
- Create an MPC Finance Policy site
- Drive audit actions
What we are looking for
- We are looking for an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with 4 years’ + experience (industry non-specific) with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capability and understanding of accounting requirements and their implications.
- Genuine interest in technical accounting.
- Strong analytical skills and capability for self-directed research and work, which is required in order to resolve technical accounting matters.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.