Network R&D Engineer
- London, UK
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are hiring a Network R&D Engineer for our cutting edge Virtual Production tool-set in our London-based software team.
We have an upcoming position for an experienced developer with a strong background in network communication. The candidate will be working closely with our virtual production supervisors to expand and evolve our network communication platform. Encompassing a wide variety of areas including low latency streaming of motion capture data, pipeline communication, game engine multi-player, virtual & augmented reality data.
Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges we are looking for someone able to contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production. To work hand-in-hand with our artists, providing the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving.
The team needs people who are able to take initiative, develop software of the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each development task - our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system. We require our developers to support the full life cycle of our software projects from design to maintenance, while constantly improving the software to address new challenges!
- Work closely with our virtual production supervisors to expand and evolve our network communication platform.
- Design and architect cutting edge tools and technologies around low latency streaming of motion capture data, pipeline communication, game engine multi-player, virtual & augmented reality data.
- Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
- Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
- 3+ years of experience in a VFX or technology industry.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree.
- Strong knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Expert with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
- Experience with distributed systems design.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with communication protocols.
- Knowledge in data stream synchronization.
- Experience with ZeroMQ as a plus.
- Understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation a plus.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects.
if you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.