MPC Talent Roadshow: Perl Developer - Core Engineering, Hyderabad (10th December)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are hiring for our globally distributed Core Engineering team who are a blend of Software, Systems and Operations experts. We are responsible for building and maintaining the key infrastructure services - the engines and glue for our Software and Site Engineering teams. This is an exciting role to play a part in evolving the platforms at MPC.
This role would suit an experienced system administrator looking to take on a development role, or an experienced developer wanting to get more involved in system operations.
- Work with the Systems and Software teams to develop, maintain and support in-house tools with a particular focus on data management
- Ensure systems software can continue to scale reliably
- Help drive the strategy for our in-house system operations tools
- Troubleshooting issues that affect production
- Help identify upcoming business requirements, recommend and implement solutions, and provide input for the design of next generation technology.
- Maintain documentation for in-house software
- Ensure software written is compliant with in-house coding standards.
- Improve quality of software, implement automated tests for software developed.
- At least 3 years experience of scripting language development in either Perl or Python in a Linux or UNIX environment.
- Proven experience of working on complex projects involving networking, databases, large data structures and generally pushing the limits.
- Strong database development skills, ideally MySQL, with experience of techniques such as replication, proxies and sharing.
- Good knowledge of Linux including NFS, rsync, networking, backup/archive techniques.
- Experience of developing with SOA / web services.
- Know your way around version control systems such as git.
- Good knowledge of low level systems development with C, system calls, make, patch etc.
- Pro-active approach to solving problems, improving systems.
- An enthusiasm for understanding how we make high end VFX and how we can make it better.
- Great communication skills, able to talk to technical peers and non-technical users alike and gain their trust and respect.