Head of Talent Acquisition
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the
success of these projects.
The International Talent Acquisition Team has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Talent Leader to align and execute recruiting strategies specifically for the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. Must be located in Bangalore. In this position, you will lead a Talent Team responsible for the local delivery of the global strategy. This position will report into the Global Head of Talent Acquisition with a dotted line relationship to the Head of HR.
- Implement Global Strategy locally to create an effective and efficient internal and external talent acquisition strategy to fulfill identified business needs and objectives.
- Overall leadership, management and development of a 4 person team of highly functioning and skilled professionals, including Senior Talent Agents, Talent Resources and Talent Support.
- Identify opportunities to improve recruiting and business performance and advises/influences senior managers.
- Work with the Resourcing team to understand Workforce planning and Resource forecasting to feed into recruitment timelines.
- Participate in and communicate the development of recruiting programs and services designed to enhance culture, reinforce key business strategies and reinforce the team member experience and engagement.
- Connect with external resources, peer organizations, etc. to identify and understand recruiting and market trends impacting business lines across the region footprint.
- Work with senior executives to consult and advise on recruiting strategies and solutions that improve and sustain business success including anticipating future state and driving results.
- Hire, retain, and develop a world-class diverse talent acquisition team.
- Effectively represent international needs on enterprise-wide recruiting strategies, technology platforms, processes and programs as needed.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase capability to attract diverse candidates to all business units.
- Partner with the broader international talent acquisition team for efficient use of resources, tools, best practices and recruitment partnering opportunities.
- Manage organizational delivery through metrics.
The ideal candidate will be a proven recruiting leader who possesses technical/professional expertise in recruiting, strong focus on innovation and bringing new approaches and ideas, focus on results and establishing high standards of excellence, strength at building relationships and collaborating across multiple businesses and leading and championing change. This role also requires the experience and ability to operate at both a local and global level, with dotted line relationships with corporate level Centers of Expertise within Talent.
- Leadership and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will have strong inter-personal effectiveness. This leader will be recognized for accomplishments related to hiring, retaining, and developing a world-class recruiting team.
- A seasoned leader with demonstrated experience in positions of increasing responsibility in Recruiting, Talent Development, Talent Management and a knowledge of the talent market within the Asia-Pacific Region – Specifically, India, China, Japan and Australia.
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing on strategies to source and recruit a diverse candidate pools and limit reliance on agency support.
- Effective communication skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills; project management; staffing capacity planning skills; a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action.
- Previous virtual leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in geographically dispersed environments.
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish objectives.
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally.
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of identifying, attracting, retaining and developing talented and productive staff.
- An impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, big picture orientation and business acumen.
- Able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization.