Senior Production Accountant
- New York, NY, USA
Moving Picture Company is a world-leading visual effects and CG design company with bases in the globe’s most important film and advertising centers – London, New York, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Bangalore, Paris, Amsterdam, Shanghai and Montreal.
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries. This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for advertising is key as well as an ability to analyze and question numbers across a wide spectrum.
Based in Soho, New York.
An ideal position for a newly qualified or finalist level CPA , this position will report into the US Controller and will look after all aspects of productions for Advertising. With exposure across the business from all aspects of finance, new business, production executives and senior management the responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Partnering with Producers, Managing Directors, and Financial Controller to perform cost analysis P&Ls for each project (actuals and forecast).
- Working across multiple locations (NY and LA) in a dynamic industry.
- Key Support and point of contact to the Managing director / Studio Heads / Operations / Production Directors on new bids and project financial performance
- Reviewing Local pipelines for different business sectors (VFX / Creative etc. ) .
- Excellent excel skills required.
- Drive consistency across the business in controls, procedures and application of CETA (In-house tool)
- Weekly Insight on the US P&L’s for each project
- Revenue and Cost reporting and forecasting
- Delivering Monthly Revenue reporting and forecast.
- Monthly Reporting Indirect and Direct Labour Actuals, forecast and Budget.
- Contribution to the annual budget process.
- Developing new processes with regards to financial management of Projects.
- Liaising with the auditors internal / external.
- Reviewing and developing rate cards and costing models.
- Developing KPI’s for project delivery and benchmarks for new bids.
- Compliance with revenue recognition policy and client terms & conditions.
- Systems used CETA / SAP / BW / Magnitude
Production Accountant experience is an advantage. It is preferable for the candidate to come from a Media/Entertainment background.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.