Motion Design Technical Director
- London, UK
MPC is an award-winning global creative studio; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to help us push creative and technical boundaries.
The Motion Design TD will support the technical aspects of our creative work across the department. Working closely with other designers, VFX artists, developers and engineers to deliver stunning work of the highest standard.
We are looking for talented individuals with the following:-
- Have advanced knowledge of Cinema 4D, Adobe Creative Suite, Deadline, render and workflow pipelines, different render engines; Arnold, Octane, Redshift, Vray etc.
- Able to conceptualize ideas, present and rationalize creative work, be client facing and play a leading role in the design team workload.
- A sharp, quick and flexible approach to motion design work. Understand the brief, the team and work with available resources to deliver jobs successfully; on time, on budget and with creative excellence
- A technical understanding of all stages of pre/post-production. Be able to work across design and into the wider VFX portion of MPC.
- Be curious and show interest in real-time rendering, future technologies and progressive techniques within motion design.
- Understanding the capabilities of Houdini, Maya, Zbrush, Marvelous designer, X-particles and other animation tools and plugins.
- Be a mentor to the junior members of the team, nurture talent, encourage skills and growing each member of the team’s technical knowledge and skills.
- Work with engineering to improve workflow, seek out opportunities to try new technology and software, and be at the cutting edge of design orientated image making for the entire department.
- Lead multiple jobs, with multiple teams - making sure every task is being performed to the highest possible technical and visual standard.
- Be an approachable, level-headed and positive leading creative and technical force. No bad vibes, this will need a steady hand and the ability to deal with pressure from all directions.
- Find ways to optimize, structure and refine the department's technical offering to create excellent work constantly in collaboration with the creative directors of design.