Animator - Virtual Production
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
MPC are currently looking for an experienced CG Animator for our Los Angeles facility to work on the high profile feature film, Disney’s 'The Lion King'.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced animator, capable or producing highly detailed, hyper realistic creature and character animations to appear in what will be one of the biggest blockbusters of the next 5 years.
To be considered you should have a combination of the following skills and experience.
- A strong understanding of animating in Maya
- Previous experience within high-end VFX for feature film
- Demonstrable experience creating realistic creature or hero character animations
- A basic understanding of Rigging
- An in depth appreciation of physics and body mechanics as well as basic animation principals (anticipation, staging, timing etc..)
- Previous experience working with on-set team and within a live shoot environment extremely beneficial
- Previous MPC experience a strong bonus
The position will be based onsite in our Los Angeles Virtual Production facility
Day-to-day work will involve close collaboration with other artists as well as senior members of both the MPC and Disney production crew, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.