Lead System Administrator
- Bengaluru, India
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our team in Bangalore, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
· Responsible for the overall health and operations of local network, storage and systems.
· Lead and develop a team of system administrators
· Attend daily progress reviews
· Manage large scale projects
· Provide user support
· Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems
· Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through excellent technical understanding of large scale networking and routing
· Act as the senior technical contact, responsible for daily communications with multiple global technology support teams
· Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on ongoing basis
· Identify and remediate storage or network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide
· Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups
· Understand and manage the maintenance of data center power and cooling systems
· Perform technology purchasing and budget tracking
· Manage software licenses from forecasting to deployment
· Manage and maintaining local vendor relationships
· Guide operations staff surrounding technology issues