Head of Production
- Shanghai, China
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading creative studios, creating high-end visual effects, animation, immersive experiences and creative content for the advertising and film industries.
Our unique combination of talent, technology and craft leads to distinctive and award-winning work for world’s most famous brands.
MPC Advertising's studio in Shanghai offers the full spectrum of MPC's creative VFX services to the Chinese and Asian markets including VFX, motion design and colour grading services, as well as innovative digital and experiential production.
We are currently looking for a Head of Production to join our team in China. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate and someone who is looking to accelerate their production career in an exciting international role.
The Head of Production is responsible for the management of all production through the studio as well as the team of Producers. Alongside the General Manager and VFX Supervisors/Lead Creatives, the Head of Production is a key management role and integral to the success of the studio.
As well as oversight and responsibility for revenue and costs on individual projects the Head of Production will also cover aspects of new business, establishing and maintaining client relationships.
- Management of local Producers and Production Coordinators
- Assessing local production needs, allocating relevant VFX Producers and production teams to each project
- The key point of contact for issues arising in Shanghai productions, escalating issues and recommendations to GM and senior management team as needed.
- Responsibility for monitoring production tools and workflows, especially as they pertain to multi-site working
Executive VFX Production
- To maintain an overview of all VFX producers’ schedules (local and global), ensuring projects are completed to highest standard achievable, on time and within budget
- To meet regularly with VFX Producers to monitor project budgets (local and combined) and ensure that they are working within given targets
- To oversee liaison with clients in areas of responsibility and budgetary importance as needed
- To engage in Shanghai production team mentoring, support and training as needed
- Responsible for working with EP/GM to set approved budgets at start of project
- Monitoring project costs in line with production progress and overall budgetary targets
- To meet regularly with VFX Producers to monitor project budgets and ensure that they are working within given targets – including running weekly production meeting in Shanghai
- To work with Scheduling and Production to assess crewing needs for all projects
- To liaise with other studio locations on their resource availability
- To act as local ambassador for MPC and promote a professional, creative and vibrant environment to the local VFX, advertising and creative community
- To work with Recruitment in the review and selection of prospective production candidates
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years') in VFX in a Senior Production role
- Thorough understanding of the VFX pipeline and post-production process
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively with client, producers, vfx artists and senior management, both written and verbal
- Exemplary organisational skills, with experience of using scheduling, project and resource management tools, and of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Calm under pressure, resourceful and a creative problem solver, used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Experience hiring staff and freelance artists, and hiring, managing and mentoring production staff