Technical Animator (CFX Artist)
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film industry.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our team in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Using a combination of our proprietary software, Maya and Houdini - Technical Animators/Creature FX Artists at MPC are responsible for delivering a multitude of high quality cloth and hair simulations, along with various other character finishing tasks.
From photo real human and animal characters, breathing life into vast environments and through to the magical world of fantastical beasts, we simulate the lot!
If you are as passionate as we are about Creature FX, apply now. All levels are welcome!
You would be an absolute superstar if you also possessed the following skills:
- Knowledge of Maya / Houdini / Marvelous Designer
- Knowledge of cloth and hair solvers e.g. Maya's Nucleus, Houdini's WireSolver
- Knowledge of Python / Mel / knowledge of C++ with Maya API would be an even greater bonus
- Previous experience in a VFX environment - knowledge of the film pipeline, using Linux, working in a dedicated team
- Previous education or experience with Rigging
- General understanding of physics, mathematics and anatomy
Whilst we may not have a suitable vacancy within our Technical Animation/CFX team at the time you apply, we will ensure that we keep in touch for future opportunities. If we do have a position we think would interest you, we will then be in touch really soon!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.