- Los Angeles, CA
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries. This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for advertising is key as well as an ability to analyze and question numbers across a wide spectrum.
Based in MPC’s Culver City (LA) office
Reporting to the US Controller, the Jr Production Accountant will be responsible for working closely with the LA production team and billing manager on project and bid P&L’s, support profitability of projects, manage billing to the clients including invoice creation, project closure, and billing analysis.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform cost analysis of bids and projects using CETA system and manual P&L spreadsheets based on producer needs.
- Support producers in preparing detailed cost estimates for projects.
- Support the Executive Producer and General Manager on the profitability of each project, and provide insight into opportunities and risks
- Provide weekly P&L & variance analysis for all current projects
- Assist with weekly revenue forecasting
- Review live action production costs & provide variance analysis against budget
- Capture and maintain large data documents
- Issue Billing Approvals, Deposit Invoices, Reversal Invoices and Internal invoices as requested by Producers
- Follow up with Producers on outstanding billing approvals
- Review all projects, and outstanding items with Producers, Schedulers and Costings to - prepare projects for closing in a timely manner
- Update new client information
- Work with global CETA team to address and solve any system-related issues
- Maintain paperwork and project information for audit needs
- University graduate with 2+ years of billing or financial analysis experience – preferably in a post-production or advertising environment (VFX industry knowledge is an asset although not required)
- Experience in VFX (visual effects) and advertising is highly desirable
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel
- SAP and CETA knowledge preferred
- Must have exceptional communication/client relationship skills to bridge the gap between finance and producers/creative directors.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.