UK Finance Analyst
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for films is key as well as an ability to analyse and question numbers across a wide spectrum whilst business partnering to the operational side of the business.
Based in London
This position will be reporting to the Global Production Accountant and will look after aspects of Film finance. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Building and maintaining data sheets for use by various departments across the business.
- Capturing and maintaining large data documents
- Business Partnering the Global HR Team and providing analysis on labour costs
- Perform cost analysis of films using existing toolset.
- Support producers in preparing detailed cost estimates for the run of the films.
- Controlling, recording and reconciling costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management.
- Providing analysis to Producers on opportunities and risks with changes to shows
- Month end reporting and forecast all revenues and film projects.
- Supporting the tracking of billing onto the client
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to film production department.
- Produce regular cost projection reports and analysis on all film projects.
- Providing detailed cost analysis on expenditure with in the Film department.
We are looking for a university graduate with 2 years’ + experience who has high energy and is able to effectively bridge the gap between finance and the business. The majority of work will be based on excel and therefore a strong excel knowledge and the ability to problem solve is required. There will be responsibility in looking after multiple projects and ensure that the producers get all the commercial support that they need. This is a dynamic role that will require constant adaptation due to the pace of change at MPC. You need to be proactive and be able to drive your own learning in a business. You will often be required to interact with a wide spectrum of employees across different continents so the ability to manage relationships effectively is a must.