Production Operations Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Production Operations Engineer (Junior)
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are seeking to appoint a Junior Engineer for our Production Operations team to develop new tools and manage existing pipelines and workflows in the areas of image-processing, data-transfer, and client delivery. This is a key role to manage the data flow to our clients and to develop tools supporting the daily activities in the department. The role includes liaising with all internal production and supervision teams as well as software, editorial, and other technology operations.
If you have a passion for software and film we want to hear from you, whether you've just graduated or are looking for new challenges.
- Designing and Developing tools for:
Client Sends and Internal Dailies configuration
Image manipulation (resolution, masking, burn-ins, slates, etc.)
- Managing the setup for automated Data I/O
- Quality control of all configuration and images produced
- Troubleshooting operational issues
- Ensuring development adheres to MPC’s coding standards
- Developing tools to continuously improve the performance of the Editorial, Render, DataIO, and Data teams
- Identifying changing requirements, recommending and implementing solutions
- Technical documentation
- Proficient in the use of Linux command line, basic skills in Python
- A strong commitment to quality, service and reliability
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative and prioritise work loads, problem analysing and solving
- Degree in Computer Science, Media Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of video encoding and image processing
- Understanding of basic colour science (colour spaces, LUTs)
- Previous experience in a VFX environment would be an advantage
- Previous knowledge of Nuke, RV, Media Formats
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.