HR Manager/Crew Manager
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the
success of these projects.
This position is initially a 6 month contract
The Global Head of HR has a clear vision for the all aspects of MPC People which is supported by the business, namely building a progressive and proactive global approach to people management to develop and retain the best talent in the industry as well as ensuring MPC is seen as an employer of choice in each of our facilities.
The Crew Manager provides high support and advice to artists and managers and partners closely with members of the management team in a true business partner approach. Crew Manager has direct responsibility for dedicated departments to manage all the HR related aspects to ensure an integrated, progressive, proactive and flexible, yet consistent approach. Reporting directly to the Head of HR and working in a team to collaborate on company initiatives.
Management and Leadership Development: Partner with Heads of Department (HODs) and Management to coach and guide in talent attraction, retention and development, contract and policy application, performance management, training and development, and compensation practices.
- Support the development of the HoD’s and wider management group to reinforce culture, instill values, and create a sustainable leadership and management team.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that management understands and adhere to the boundaries, policies and process in which we operate. Including, broadening their understanding of the employment relationship whilst balancing it with the risks and operational demand.
- Partner with management to ensure that messaging and communications with individuals and teams is reflective of the business strategies and culture.
- Facilitate and deliver internal training sessions for the development of management
Workforce Planning: Manage high volume cycle of artist contract ending/renewals; reviewing contract end dates in the context of changing work demands and crewing options with management in order to communicate changes to artists in a global environment
- Large scale downtime/redundancy planning and management, including assessing the risks associated with individuals, team and wider business
- Work alongside production to ensure appropriate scheduling in line with local legal requirements
- Work alongside recruitment to ensure that the right people are hired into the teams
- Management of internal transfers
- Immigration and right to work management, including applying for visa in house (London specific).
- Support a high volume of international employees
Talent Management: Drive the need to identify and retain talent as well as skill gaps and high potential, to ensure teams have the right employees in the right place at the right time.
- Define development and succession planning opportunities and employing feedback mechanisms to help them better manage large dynamic and high performance teams.
- Identify high performers and successors to key positions to make sure we have flexible teams.
- Drive the need to evaluate performance and development of teams ensuring talent is managed in a consistent and measurable way so that everyone is aligned, held accountable, and paid fairly.
Create, support, present and implement talent retention plans
Compensation Management: Responsibility for department labour budgets, prepare proposals, contract letters, and record and track all changes to compensation and employment status.
- Management of salary planning for teams ensuring that budgets are used effectively a fairly.
- Pay review management
- Work alongside HR admin to ensure the teams benefits are administered consistently and effectively for areas of responsibility
Employee Relations: Develop and maintain strong working relationships by building trust and establishing accountability to establish partnerships with management and artists.
- Provide high level ER advice and support to all specific areas of responsibility, including performance management, formal processes, absence etc
Company Brand and engagement: Champion a positive and creative culture of high performance, supporting MPC as a global industry leader in visual effects.
- Develop a broad understanding of the employment relationship in other MPC sites
- Conduct new hire orientation, facilitate other training and promote MPC culture through various company initiatives.
- Actively participate in department meetings by presenting company information and
- Partner with HR colleagues to support the development of the MPC HR approach
- Strong generalist Human Resource experience in a changing business environment
- Strong working knowledge of employment legislation
- Successful approach to managing multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Proven upstream and downstream communications skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate assertively and diplomatically with a diverse population
- Solutions-focused approach to challenges and good business acumen
- Confident presentation and public speaking skills
- Experience in a technology, creative or artistic environment preferred
- Extremely high attention to detail, and accountability to deliverables
- Professional demeanor and utmost discretion pertaining to employee information
- Proven ability to work as part of a team in a very fast paced, deadline-driven environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.