Junior Production Accountant
- New York, NY
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries. This is a fast pace, successful business where a passion for advertising is key as well as an ability to analyze and question numbers across a wide spectrum.
Based in MPC’s New York office the Jr Production Accountant will be responsible for working closely with the NY production team on project and bid P&L’s, support profitability of projects, and will manage billing to the clients including invoice creation, project closure, and billing analysis.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform cost analysis of bids and projects using CETA system and manual P&L spreadsheets based on producer needs.
- Support producers in preparing detailed cost estimates for projects.
- Support the Executive Producer and General Manager on the profitability of each project, and provide insight into opportunities and risks.
- Provide weekly P&L & variance analysis for all current projects.
- Assist with weekly revenue forecasting.
- Review live action production costs & provide variance analysis against budget.
- Capture and maintain large data documents.
- Issue Billing Approvals, Deposit Invoices, Reversal Invoices and Internal invoices as requested by Producers.
- Follow up with Producers on outstanding billing approvals.
- Review all projects, and outstanding items with Producers, Schedulers and Costings to prepare projects for closing in a timely manner.
- Update new client information .
- Work with global CETA team to address and solve any system-related issues.
- Maintain paperwork and project information for audit needs.
- University graduate with 2+ years of billing or financial analysis experience – preferably in a post-production or advertising environment (VFX industry knowledge is an asset although not required)
- Experience in VFX (visual effects) and advertising is highly desirable.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel.
- SAP and CETA (In-house Production Management tool) knowledge preferred
- Must have exceptional communication/client relationship skills to bridge the gap between finance and producers/creative directors.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.