Software Technology Project Manager
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are hiring a Project Manager for our global software technology team. Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges we are looking for someone able contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
To work hand-in-hand with our developers and stakeholders, managing the projects involving the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative, work with demanding clients to tight deadlines all while working at the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each task - our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system.
We are looking for a Project Manager with an excellent grasp or willingness to learn about VFX processes and pipeline. The role will be responsible for the management and successful delivery of the improvement of our software tools, systems and technologies.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver on the creation and maintenance of in-house and adaption/integration of 3rd party tools for use in production.
- Manage projects in a structured and professional manner according to Agile methodology and report on the status of the project weekly internally and externally.
- Quickly understand the situation and the needs of the business and be able to translate them into viable solutions.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within scope with available resources.
- Coordinate, supervise, and be the strategist for the projects from beginning till end.
- Liaise with production stakeholders for requirements, priorities, test and roll out plans.
- Advise on the allocation of development resources and guide developers to meet the needs of the facility.
- Plan and schedule development in accordance with our roadmaps and clearly communicate this information to the wider company.
- Facilitate communication and project planning, review and retrospective sessions.
- Report to management and escalate issues when necessary.
- Work within the team of project managers to ensure consistency of approach.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working as a Project Manager in a technical environment.
- Extensive understanding of the software development lifecycle and project management methodologies - Agile, PMP or PRINCE2 certification is desirable.
- Experience of ticketing systems e.g. Jira, RT
- Experience with MS Project or a similar package is essential; as well as with standard Office tools.
- Knowledge of visual effects pipelines and tools is a plus but not a requirement.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm.
- Interested in managing and delivering software projects.
- Confident when communicating with developers and production.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious Project Manager looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in a creative environment then we look forward to your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.