Technical Ops - All Levels
- Los Angeles, CA
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our team in Los Angeles, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are currently looking for a motivated and talented Tech-Ops to join our team at the LA studio.
* Provide general technical support for VFX and Color Correction projects.
* Prep Color Correction projects; ingest, transcode and conform footage via EDL.
* QC, transcode and deliver masters for final delivery.
* Sync assets to and from all MPC facilities.
* Data management; archive and restore projects / LT05
* Prep artwork, slates, audio and footage for artists.
* Transcode and post WIP's for client viewing.
* Provide render wrangling and Data I/O support.
* Set up remote viewing sessions for Telecine and VFX sessions.
* Support artists and producer requests as needed.
* Must be Mac and PC proficient.
* Availability for evening shifts and on call weekend work.
Experience and Skills:
* A working knowledge of frame rates, timecode, video codecs, compression techniques, HDCAM-SR, OSX, and post production workflow.
* Experience working in a machine room or master control room in a post production facility
* Thorough understanding of color science, editorial, and technical knowledge of
data workflow.Excellent communication skills with both clients and colleagues
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.