- Montreal, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film industry.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are hiring a Discipline TD in our Montreal-based team. Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges we are looking for someone able contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
To work hand-in-hand with our artists and software R&D team, bridging the gap between creative and technical you’ll be providing the support for the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative, understand complex production workflows and constraints to allow the department to create the best possible work as efficiently as possible.Your insight and experience will allow you to collaborate and help design and develop software of the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each problem - our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system.
We are looking for a candidate with an excellent grasp of VFX processes and pipeline or a enthusiasm to learn quickly - a background in creative application of computer programming is ideal.
· Work with department head and leads to support the artists.
· Work with artists to resolve issues and solve problems before they escalate
· Play a large role in supporting and improving our existing software stack.
· Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
Skills and Experience
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical VFX Degree.
· Basic understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
· Knowledge of C++ or Python. Fabric’s KL and Lua a bonus.
· Experience with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
· Knowledge of key VFX applications - Maya, Katana, Houdini and/or Nuke and their APIs a plus.
· Experience with Fabric Engine a plus.
· Experience in a technical customer support role a plus.
· Experience operating in a team environment.
- Highly committed and able to work independantly and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer or technical artist looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.