Software Technology Production Coordinator
- Vancouver, Canada
We are hiring a Production Coordinator to join our Vancouver- software technology team. You’ll be able to contribute directly to the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
To work hand-in-hand with our artists and senior engineers, providing support for those that are maintaining and engineering our tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative and our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for R&D, VFX processes and pipeline.
- Facilitate the agile software development process
- Calendar management and meeting facilitation for the software technology team
- Ensure incoming requests from production are triaged accurately and expediently to the right developers
- Communication of on-going support and engineering efforts between production and software developers
- Helping planning and engage with stakeholders of development initiatives including prioritization and value
- Communication of issues and problems appropriately to the Software Management team
Skills and Experience
- Studied or passionate about Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Animation or similar.
- Basic understanding of VFX, computer graphics, or agile software development.
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Experience in a deadline driven, high pressure environment
Customer support or technical support experience is an asset
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
- Positive, upbeat and professional attitude with a customer-focused approach to completing tasks
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects.