Platform DevOps Engineer, Core Engineering
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are looking for DevOps engineers to work within cross-discipline
teams of Software and Systems Engineers to help us move the technologies
which underpin our VFX processes and pipelines towards a software
As a member of the Core Engineering team, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Development of deployment and automation tools.
- Provide operational insight into our systems.
- Highlight performance, quality or security issues with existing services and suggest or implement solutions
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
We are particularly interested in candidates with:
- Degree, or equivalent, in a computer science or related engineering subject.
- Experience with Python, or similar high level language and willing to learn.
- Experience of administering Linux in a networked environment.
- Interest in distributed systems, including micro-services architectures.
- A strong desire to 'Automate All The Things'
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects.