Software Developer - Full Stack
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the film industry.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are looking for a full-stack web developers to build and maintain internally facing interfaces to our platform and production data using web technologies. The tools will be responsible for the presentation of information to digital artists, project managers and engineering teams.
You will have strong experience developing front-end applications, with an interest in the presentation and visualisation of complex problems. You will be comfortable writing back-end code to complement the front-end using provided APIs for integration with the platform.
As a member of the Core Engineering team, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of a team
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
- Highlight performance, quality or security issues with existing services and suggest or implement solutions
- Contributing to the design and architecture of projects
- Appreciation for the aesthetics of tools
- Visualizations using SVG and d3
- CSS / SASS / SCSS
- Application framworks, particulary React
- Writing front-end code in a MVC pattern
- Template engines, particulary Jinja2
- Development with Python and the standard library
- A working understanding of HTTP and JSON
- Experience in querying an RDBMS, such as MySQL
- Interest in service-based architectures
Previous experience within the VFX industry is not necessary, we are always interested to hear experiences from diverse backgrounds.