Lead Engineer, Core Engineering
- Montreal, Canada
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join our Core Engineering team in our Montreal office. A blend of globally distributed Software, Systems and Operations experts, we are responsible for building and maintaining the key infrastructure services - the conduit between our Software and Site
Engineering teams. Our technology includes a globally distributed micro-services platform, multi-site tools and compute systems - including cloud render.
We are looking for a lead engineer to help us evolve the infrastructure that enables MPC to create stunning VFX a global scale.
Your primary responsibilities would include:
- Working within team to define, implement and deliver projects.
- Mentor members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Communicating tasks, challenges and work-flows across a globally distributed team.
- Improving our infrastructure and technologies whilst maintaining the existing stack.
We are particularly interested in candidates with:
- Degree, or equivalent, in a computer science or related engineering subject.
- Experience of Linux/UNIX in a networked environment.
- Experience with Python, or similar high level language and willing to learn.
- Interest in distributed systems, including micro-service architectures.
- Experience of infrastructure automation.
- Understanding the business context of operational concerns.
Previous experience within the VFX industry is not necessary, we are always interested to hear experiences from diverse backgrounds.