Senior Systems Engineer
- New York, NY
Moving Picture Company is a world-leading visual effects and CG design company with bases in the globe’s most important film and advertising centers – London, New York, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Bangalore, Amsterdam and Montreal. MPC is a high-end post production Advertising and Previs facility.
Reporting to the US Head of Technology, the Senior Systems Engineer works with the local engineering team to provide Tier2 and Tier 3 support to the NY facility. The Senior Systems Engineer works with the global Core Engineering team to build, maintain and support the facility infrastructure and pipeline
- Lead the engineering team efforts to coordinate ideas and changes
that improve service and optimize infrastructure.
- Work closely with Lead VFX artists to ensure engineering meets and
exceeds support expectations.
- Management of local data center(s).
- Build and maintain operation of storage, render, servers and
- Coordinate support for global services hosted locally - MySQL Databases, Amanda, Tractor, Multisite VMs etc.
- Systems performance monitoring and optimization
- Lead disaster recovery efforts for local site
- Contribute to new site builds and training new joiners in new/other
- Collaboration with Global IT and Core Engineering teams to resolve
complex issues, design, specify and deploy new technology.
- Work with Production Operations Manager on capacity planning to
ensure resourcing is in line with production needs.
- Assist Lead Systems Engineer with vendor management and
- Mentor and train other team members
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Engineering level knowledge of standard CG and compositing applications (Maya, Houdini, Mental Ray, Flame, Nuke, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years Linux system administration experience including networking and scripting.
- Demonstrable knowledge of scripting with bash and Python.
- Working knowledge of and other scripting languages such as bash, tcsh, and Perl.
with configuring and maintaing enterprise scale hardware. (Render
farms, Clusters, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Storage, etc.)
- Strong understanding of storage and networking, NFS, Isilon storage cluster, Brocade and HP switch configuration.
- Autodesk Flame experience a strong plus.
- General understanding of SMPTE standards and broadcast video engineering concepts including video systems.
- Facility with database technologies such as MySQL and Postgres.
- Excellent communication, people skills, and team working skills.
- Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.