- New York, NY
Moving Picture Company is a world-leading visual effects and CG design company with bases in the globe’s most important film and advertising centers – London, New York, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Bangalore, Amsterdam and Montreal. MPC is a high-end post production Advertising and Previs facility.
The MPC NY Billing Associate is responsible for invoice creation, project closure, and billing analysis related to all MPC NY projects.
- Issue Billing Approvals, Deposit Invoices and Reversal Invoices as requested by Producers
- Follow up with Producers on outstanding Billing Approvals which have not been billed
- Maintain all project information including initial invoice request, copy of quote(s) and PO’s for auditing purposes
- Issue Internal Invoices to other MPC studios
- Review projects for official closing in CETA production system, including No Charge projects and Internal Projects
- Work with Producers, Schedulers and Costings to prepare projects for closing in CETA production system
- Regularly provide individual reports to Producers detailing any outstanding projects requiring billing or to review their projects for closing in CETA
- Close projects within the CETA system
- Update new client information in CETA once approved by Credit Dept including adding SAP #, payment terms, status and notes
- Work with global CETA team to address and solve any system-related issues
- 3 years of billing experience, preferably in the production or advertising industries (VFX industry knowledge is an asset but not required)
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting or related field
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- SAP and CETA knowledge preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results
- Create Billing Approvals in CETA based upon Producer requests, ensure all backup material is provided for auditing purposes
- Print and keep with existing project paperwork (per project #)
- Review Project & confirm quote has not been previously billed & is set to Confirmed status for Revenue Recognition in CETA
- Submit Billing Approval to Producer to review/approve
- Make changes if necessary and resubmit for producer approval
- Create Deposit Invoices upon receipt of Producer approvals
- Issue Reversal Invoices and new Billing Approvals as instructed by Producer
- Follow up on any outstanding Billing Approvals waiting for Producer approvals
- Review Completed NY Projects for Closing in CETA, ensure Quote Total matches Invoice total, all quotes are either Cancelled or Completed, all PO’s have been Completed and all Jobs have been Costed
- Work with Producers and determine if all quotes have been billed & have them change quote status to Cancelled or Completed as we all changing project status to Completed
- Work with Schedulers & Costings if any PO’s and Jobs are preventing further review of NY project for closing or if job allocation is preventing quotes from being Cancelled
- Confirm project data is up to date. Run GEKKO DATA if it is not.
- Review MARGINS tab and confirm all Deliverables, Storage and Shoot costs have been costed in CETA
- If discrepancies exist, create a job & add all missing costs
- If BASELIGHT DISCOUNT is included, confirm Telecine costs have been adjusted and match actual revenue total.
- Rerun GEKKO DATA and review MARGINS tab again to ensure all new costs are reflected.
- Allocate jobs amongst Deposit Invoices issued, use Match Total, and change Deposit Invoice to Invoice status.
- Change project status to SENT TO ACCOUNTS. Run Account Transactions report.
- Pull project # paperwork, add Account Transaction report to top and file by client name with rest of the Closed projects
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.