Jr VR Engine Developer
- Los Angeles, CA
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our team in Los Angeles, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
We are currently seeking a Jr. Engine Developer to write robust code to work with engine functionalities (Unreal and Unity), in order to create real-time animation for VR entertainment.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to take existing pre-rendered photo-real quality assets and repurpose for instant interaction in game engine technology. This includes developing mobile applications to work with the full range of VR platforms including: Gear VR, Oculus, etc.
- Work with 3D artists and technical directors to implement assets in-engine.
- Research innovative ideas to improve efficiency and satisfy technical requirements.
- Contribute advice and support around implementation of large technical projects with innovative solutions.
- Work with producers and technical and creative leads to provide input for the budgeting process.
- Working with Oculus Utilities and SteamVR SDK
- Working with 6DOF tracking input
- OpenGL / HLSL / CG / ShaderLab a plus
- Real-time rendering, rasterization, skinning, animation, etc.
- The ability to script and utilize unique VFX animation in UE4 and Unity Engine (and/or UE3 / UDK)
- OpenCV, Open NI, GPU programming a plus
- Experience with web services (WCF, .NET Web API, AJAX, Node, etc.) a plus
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.