Junior VFX Editor
- Los Angeles, CA
Moving Picture Company is a world-leading visual effects and CG design company with bases in the globe’s most important film and advertising centers – London, New York, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Bangalore, Amsterdam and Montreal. MPC is a high-end post production Advertising and Previs facility.
The Junior Editor is responsible for cutting reels, sizzle reels, behind the scenes, previs, and ripomatics
- Ingest VFX on set data from client and distribute to relevant departments.
- Distribute and log specific shot/cut information in multiple databases to match the latest client updates throughout the project.
- Maintain EDLs
- Run internal dailies sessions for each discipline of the VFX process.
- Maintain projection and audio equipment in Theatres for presentations.
- Update of Baselight for 2k review and rive review sessions.
- Deliver Quicktimes, Hi Res format and any other associated material to the client for approval.
- Learning new technology and applications to develop usable skills on other editing platforms.
- Strong computer skills in Windows, MacOS and Linux.
-Basic knowledge of Premiere, After Effects, Baselight, RV, Avid, Nuke and compression techniques an asset.
- Basic Shell Scripting an asset
- 1 year as an Assistant Editor in a Post Facility
- Work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to know when to ask for assistance
- Possesses the ability to establish and maintain a professional rapport with clients.
- A high standard of attention to detail.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.