Real time Lighting Artist
- Los Angeles, CA
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the
success of these projects.
MPC Los Angeles are currently looking for an experienced Lighting artist to join our virtual production team on The Lion King. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with real-time lighting set-ups, ideally within Unity however applicants with other other game engine knowledge should apply as well.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with a range of experience across shot lighting, asset/character look development as well as some rudimentary knowledge of compositing techniques within either live action or fully CG productions.
- Working closely with Lighting Lead, Virtual Production Developer and VFX Supe to develop realistic lighting solutions for the previs stage of The Lion King production
- Look development of CG assets and characters
- Helping to deliver solutions on integrating Unity lighting set-ups into the existing Katana/Renderman pipeline.
- Working very closely with client-side supervisor to help realize the overall 'look' of CG sets and characters.
- Taking notes on work and offering creative or technical solutions to problems where necessary
- Knowledge of building Lighting rigs within a real-time environment essential
- Unity experience preferred but not a must-have
- Previous VR or virtual production experience would be a bonus
- Previous experience with Renderman preferable
- The ability to work collaboratively and creatively with a solution focused approach to problems
- Excellent communication skills across the production hierarchy.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.