Platform Developer (Python), Core Engineering
- Montreal, Canada
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) are looking for a Python Developer to join our Core Engineering team in our London office. A blend of globallydistributed Software, Systems and Operations experts, we are
esponsible for building and maintaining the key infrastructure services - the conduit between our Software and Site Engineering teams. Our technology includes a globally distributed micro-services platform, multi-site tools and compute systems - including cloud render.
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are looking for software developers to contribute to our library of software tools and technologies which underpin our VFX processes and pipelines.
As a member of the Core Engineering team, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of a team.
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation.
- Contributing to the design and architecture of projects
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions.
We are particularly interested in candidates with:
- Degree, or equivalent, in a computer science or related engineering subject.
- Development experience with Python and good knowledge of the standard libraries.
- Interest in distributed systems, including micro-services architectures.
Previous experience within the VFX industry is not necessary, we are always interested to hear experiences from diverse backgrounds.