Platform DevOps Engineer, Core Engineering
- Montreal, Canada
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Core Engineering team in our Montreal office. A blend of globally distributed Software, Systems and Operations experts, we are responsible for building and maintaining the key infrastructure services - the conduit between our Software and Site Engineering teams. Our technology includes a globally distributed micro-services platform, multi-site tools and compute systems - including cloud render.
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are looking for DevOps engineers to work within cross-discipline teams of Software and Systems Engineers to help us move the technologies which underpin our VFX processes and pipelines towards a software defined infrastructure.
As a member of the Core Engineering team, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Development of deployment and automation tools.
- Provide operational insight into our systems.
- Highlight performance, quality or security issues with existing services and suggest or implement solutions
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
We are particularly interested in candidates with:
- Degree, or equivalent, in a computer science or related engineering subject.
- Experience with Python, or similar high level language and willing to learn.
- Experience of administering Linux in a networked environment.
- Interest in distributed systems, including micro-services architectures.
- A strong desire to 'Automate All The Things'
Previous experience within the VFX industry is not necessary, we are always interested to hear experiences from diverse backgrounds.