Junior Developer, Core-Engineering
- London, United Kingdom
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
We are looking for junior software developers to join Core Engineering. Working within a multi-discipline team, you will contribute to our library of software tools and technologies which underpin our VFX processes and pipelines. As a junior within the team you will be supported to develop your skills whilst contributing to the platform.
As a member of the Core Engineering team, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of a team.
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation.
- Contributing to the design and architecture of projects
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions.
We are particularly interested in candidates with:
- The ability to think logically, breaking down a problem into their component systems.
- Experience with Python and good knowledge of the standard libraries.
- Interest in distributed systems, including micro-services architectures.
- A good mathematical foundation.
Previous experience within the VFX industry is not necessary, we are always interested to hear experiences from diverse backgrounds.