Data Operations Assistant
- Montreal, Canada
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
The Data Operations Assistant is responsible for monitoring and managing disk space, archiving and restoring show data, managing complex data syncing between global facilities, and solving all aspects of technical data related issues. This role sits within Technology Production Operations, which encompasses Rendering Technical Assistants (RTA's), and Data Operations Assistants.
• Actively monitor disk storage to ensure there is always free space and monthly storage costs are kept to a minimum.
• Utilize and/or develop data management tools to identify and remove unneeded data.
• Identify problematic data processes and present solutions.
• Liason with local/remote Data Operations and Show Production teams to ensure show data is archived
and deleted quickly and efficiently once the show delivers.
• Process data restore requests and communicate progress.
• Sync Queue Management – Ensure complex syncs are properly handled and provide assistance as needed.
• Actively monitor the amount of waiting syncs in the syncQueue.
• Liaison with Show Production Teams to ensure the correct data is sync'd between facilities.
• Assist with coverage for other teams within Production Operations as required.
• Support the Production Operations Manager and global needs of the business as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A bachelor's degree or higher in an area of film studies.
• Knowledge of the VFX pipeline is a plus.
• Must be good to proficient operating in a Linux environment.
• Knowledge of Bash, Python scripting a plus.
• Basic knowledge of video formats and ways in which data is received/delivered.
• Ability to rapidly pick-up and learn new tools and techniques.
• An interest in developing skills and progressing within visual effects.
• Great communication and team working skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be able to problem solve and prioritize work loads.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious and organised person looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.